PASTORAL CARE AND HOSPITALITY
The Pastoral Care and Hospitality group meets three or four times a year.
The December meeting is a Christmas luncheon.
One of our most important functions is to ensure parishioners and visitors to St Patrick’s are made feel welcome.
The Pastoral Care members:
- Distribute the parish bulletins and welcome people to Mass.
- Send a welcome letter to new parishioners.
- Send certificates of congratulations to parents whose children have been baptised during the year and to those who may be celebrating special wedding anniversaries or birthdays.
To assist us in carrying out the above activities we need people to let us know when these special occasions occur.
Light refreshments are offered after each Mass twice a year to provide parishioners with the opportunity to mix and get to know one another. These gatherings take place in February and November.
- An out reach program is held prior to Easter and Christmas. Parishioners are
invited to assist with letter box invitations to Saint Patrick’s Ceremonies.
- Members are invited to Working Bees which include preparing flowers for Mothers Day distribution and for other occasions as needed.
Pastoral Care involves caring for individuals and families who need support.
Our Pastoral Care activities include:
- Taking communion to the sick or housebound.
- Visiting bereaved families and the sick.
- Providing transport to Mass and appointments.
- Offering assistance with shopping.
Betty 8757 3307 Co-ordinator