Privileged Place of Encounter – An introduction to the Bible
Presenter: David Patterson
When: Tuesday 9th & 16th October, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Where: St Patrick’s Church Hall, 33 Gale Street, Mortlake
Please join us for a fascinating look at the Bible. It’s the perennial best-seller, but is it the best-read book? More pointedly, is it properly understood?
Over three gatherings on the 2nd, 9th & 16th October, we’ll cover such things as:
* Basic biblical terms
* The historical development of the Bible
* The relationship between the Old and New Testaments
* How a Catholic is to approach Scripture. Fundamentalist or contextual understanding?
* The differences in Catholic and Protestant Bibles, and the reasons for these differences
* Problems in biblical translation
* How to make sense of difficult passages, such as images of violence and the imagery in the Book of Revelation
All are welcome to join in this free faith formation event