Commences this Tuesday 2nd October.
Privileged Place of Encounter – An introduction to the Bible.
When: Tuesdays 2nd, 9th and 16th October from 7:30pm to 9:00pm.
Where: St. Patrick’s Mortlake Parish Hall
Presenter: David Patterson.
Please join us for a fascinating look at the Bible. It’s the perennial best-seller, but is it the best-read book? More pointedly, is it properly understood? Over three gatherings, we’ll cover such things as:
- Basic biblical terms
- The historical development of the Bible
- The relationship between the Old and New Testaments
- How a Catholic is to approach Scripture. Fundamentalist or contextual understanding?
- The differences in Catholic and Protestant Bibles, and the reasons for these differences
- Problems in biblical translation
- How to make sense of difficult passages, such as images of violence and the imagery in the Book of Revelations.
Hoping to see many of you at this free faith information event and that you are able to stay for light refreshments.